Follow todayshewore on Twitter

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Obsessions



Well hello, Tuesday! As many of you know I am not a fan of snow and ice. Call me crazy, but the idea of white, slippery, frozen ice particles covering the pavement hardly fills my heart with joy. However, I am a person that likes to think positively, so rather than continue with my negative saga, I'm going to share things that I am currently (or long time) obsessed with.

1. Body Butter. Obsessed is an understatement. I absolutely love The Body Shop's body butters.. or any of their products in general. They come in an array of different scents. I am partial to Satsuma, but strawberry is my second favorite.


2. Red Lipstick. A few weeks ago a few of my friends and I decided that in honor of Valentines day we were going to purchase new lipstick. Where did we go first? Sephora, naturally. After about an hour of all 3 of us trying on different shades,Caitlin chose a GORGEOUS baby pink shade (hate her... she has perfect long, wavy, blonde hair, blue eyed, and pulls off baby pink perfectly) and Megan (Zooey Deschanel's twin... hate her too :)) chose a very subtle pink/red shade... I finally found a gorgeous true red Tarte lip stain... UNTIL...I found out the shade I wanted was sold out. Story of my life. A few days later I ventured to Mac.. (lifelong brand loyalty.. this proves I should have gone there first). I originally went in to purchase a blush ONLY... buuuut while I was there I thought what the heck and told the artist I was attempting to try red lipstick for the first time and ask if she had any suggestions. People have often told me I have the ideal features to pull off red lipstick, but I'm not going to lie.. I'm not a person that likes to try to pull off hard-to-wear products. She pulled 2 different shades, the first I was partial to because it was lighter, the 2nd was extremely bold... it had a plum base and I am not a huge fan of purple... I don't wear it well. But when she put the 2nd shade on I seriously couldn't believe it actually looked okay. I ended up breaking my cardinal rule and went with the 2nd because everyone there told me it looked better than the first. It is extremely bold but I'm getting used to it. I never realized how many women don't think they can wear red lipstick. I was stopped 2 times in the mall yesterday by ladies saying "I wish I could wear that color, it looks so nice." I say this not to brag, but to encourage everyone to TRY IT! I NEVER thought I could pull it off, but now that I tried it I'm becoming a lover of red. I recommend Mac cosmetics of course... not only because it's a good product, but also because a number of their RED lipsticks aid their sponsorship of JOIN RED for AIDS. Look good and help a cause, it's a win/win situation.


3. New York City. This is a no-brainer... New York is always on my mind. I love this because it's an art form. NYC + Art= LOVE. "These streets will make you feel brand new, the lights will inspire you, let's hear it for New York.."


4. Crystal Light: Strawberry Kiwi. 3 words. OH.MY.WORD! I am completely obsessed with CL... It's SO good, not to mention it's like drinking plain water, only with a kick. Plus, no calories. Yes, pleassssse. Strawberry Kiwi is my newly discovered favorite, but they have tons of other flavors.. pink lemonade, green tea, fruit punch, white grape.. etc.


5. Battle Studies. Caitlin and I are venturing to downtown Nashville tomorrow night to see JOHN MAYER in concert at the Sommet Center! This isn't the only reason I love Battle Studies though. Many people would argue that Continuum was his best record, but I beg to differ. I don't know what it is about Battle Studies, but it touches a place in my heart that no other album has ever hit. On an industry level, I can agree that this probably isn't his strongest record, but on a personal level, it's stolen my heart. John Mayer has always been the singer/song writer that cures my bad days, brightens the gloomy ones, and owns the beautiful ones. His lyrics are captivating and it's almost like he takes your mind to a peaceful, surreal world that everyone secretly wishes really existed. So he's a little awkward and has his flaws, we all do, at least he's upfront about them.


Well that's all I've got for today. I'm sure I'll have a very detailed blog containing every momentary second of the John Mayer concert later this week. Until then, I've got a collection to work on and an Art History test to cram for.

As Always
♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment