Follow todayshewore on Twitter

Saturday, February 20, 2010


I miss the days when I loved design. I remember watching Fashion Week on Style Network and I would hide out in my room for hours sketching what my mind envisioned the models wearing as they walked the runway. Since I was 13 I dreamed of having my own runway show. My own collection with my ideas. As many of you know I've chosen not to show at our annual student fashion show this year. It was a hard decision to make because that is why I chose to attend O'More. Presenting my collection in the fashion show during my Senior year was always something I couldn't wait to do. As sad as it is to admit, O'More has ruined my love for fashion design. I don't regret coming to O'More because I've met so many amazing people and I've learned so much about myself.... but I do regret the decision to major in fashion design. I can't begin to go in to all of the reasons why- if we're good friends you know why and I'm sure we've had numerous conversations about it.

I almost feel as if I've lost a piece of my heart over the past 4 years. I don't feel like my creativity has been boosted or encouraged.. I feel like it's been deflated and rundown by unchallenging teachers and unmotivated peers. Beyond that, I still have to complete the collection and I am struggling so badly to do so. I'm so uninspired and I feel like design has defeated me. I'm sure your thinking why am I posting this. I need inspiration and advice from any and everyone. I am a person that works best when presented with a challenge; I am a problem solver. If anyone has any ideas at all to challenge me with ideas or concepts, by ALL means throw them out there. Twitter, Facebook, comment on this post, text, email, blackberry messenger, Skype (lalovex3), call, anyything... I would really appreciate it.

As a designer I feel like everyone encounters this at some point, and from my experience the only way to bridge the gap between success and failure is from the help of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment