Follow todayshewore on Twitter

Thursday, October 6, 2011


I've finally fessed up.. I am a makeup junkie. To make things worse, having a brand new, sparkly Nordstrom in town is DEFINITELY not helping my obsession. I spend many a weekend prancing around the 2nd floor.. playing in Chanel blushes, MAC eyeshadows & Lancome lipglosses. Most recently, I discovered something new that I've never used before. Concealer. 

Okay, I know you're thinking "WTH" but seriously. I'm 24... I've never had a reason to use concealer. I drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep on a nightly basis, & I've had a rigid skin care regiment since I was 12. However, I've been working a LOT lately.. not only office hours (typically 7:30am-5:30/6).. more like around the clock. We have so many new projects that I am literally designing 24/7. The other night I actually dreamed about an innovation for one of the projects... no joke, I woke up at 2:30am with the idea and managed to sketch it out so I didn't forget the next day. Needless to say, when I woke up the next morning, I was face to face with UNDER EYE BAGS. CLEARLY, I panicked. Lack of energy can always be fixed with lots and lots of coffee, but a "saggy" face?! Only concealer (a good one) has the power to correct such a haggard mess. 

Obviously, this look was unacceptable. So I immediately hit up the Nordstrom makeup counter to find the perfect concealer for those days when my face feels the impact of stress. I'm quite a snob when it comes to makeup brands, especially when the situation involves a makeup that I feel should be more "elite" than the others.  Foundation, concealer, bronzer & eyeliner are the products I will spend major money on because they are the products that affect my face the most. So I made my way over to the Chanel counter... unfortunately the counter manager had stepped away & the counter was crazy with lipgloss shoppers! If you know me, you know I am not patient what-so-ever. Umm HI when you have giant BAGS under your eyes, patience is the last thing on your mind. The next counter I stopped at was the Bobbi Brown area. I was so attracted to their clean, well-maintained counter, I couldn't help but stop. I then met the counter manager who spent an hour letting me play with skin creams, bronzers & every other makeup product you can think of. She also taught me how to use a corrector and a concealer to balance out my complexion & those awful dark circles. I am now a believer in the concealer. I don't even feel bad about it like I thought I would. It's great because the coverage is so amazing you can put it on problem areas, dust a little powder on, and skip foundation for the days when you don't feel like going the whole 9 yards but still look/feel pretty and put together. 

It takes a lot to get my seal of approval on a beauty product, but this is definitely a must. One last tip, don't believe them when they tell you to use a "concealer brush." It's money wasted & uses way more concealer than needed. I use my finger, barely touching it to the concealer.. it goes a LONG way. This is another reason I justify spending money on it. Don't wait for the bags to find you.... find the concealer first.

xo LK

No comments:

Post a Comment